I took a break from working on my Halloween costume since I was feeling a little overwhelmed. I think perhaps Madeline is feeling a bit overwhelmed now that I stacked on her all the pieces of the costume I have in various stages of completion.
I decided the best way to solve that problem (the overwhelmed feeling) was to create this prototype.
Let me get this straight in order to reduce my stress level, I put aside the costume I was working on, that I need by Friday, to make a prototype apron from scraps without a pattern.
I believe it turned out quite nicely. One thing I have a lot of in my sewing room is red. Red bias tape, red ric rac in two sizes, red thread. I decided no matter which fabric I chose, it would be paired with red. I had four 15″ x 84″ scraps of navy broadcloth left over from some curtains I helped make for my church. Put the red bias tape with the navy broadcloth, and you have an apron.
Two things I’ll probably change are the way in which I made the ties, and the length. The length of this apron is a whopping 25″.
However, this prototype will be given away to one lucky winner. The giveaway starts on Election Day (Nov. 4th) since the colors are so American. Stay tuned for the giveaway and more pictures as I sew and create.