Materials: burgundy cotton sateen, burgundy taffeta with black flocked pattern, black satin ribbon
I absolutely love this gown.
The bodice was boned giving it a beautiful shape. The skirt was quite full; the photos show the skirt over my bridal crinoline which is about 4′ in diameter as pictured.
Construction: the chemise and underskirt were easy to construct. The bodice and over skirt were all one piece and were fairly difficult to work because I used heavy taffeta. After breaking my gathering stitches more times than I can count, I ended up gathering the skirt by hand. Also, the bodice is pointy, and I had some difficulty making the skirt hang right around the point. I actually finished the raw edge of front opening with a hem instead of just trimming it as the pattern suggested.